Kashmir is home to a large variety of temperate fruits to include Apple, Cherry, Apricot, Walnut etc. It is also the place where one of the best quality saffron in the world is produced. All these crops are harvested in late summer and fall season between July to October starting with Cherry and ending with Walnut.
Though Kashmir is most famous for itsapple fruit production, the state is emerging as a leader of strawberryproduction in India. Youth in the rural and sub-urban areas can venture into strawberry cultivation for their profitable livelihood.
- 1 Which fruit is famous in Jammu and Kashmir?
- 2 What dry fruits is Kashmir famous for?
- 3 Is Kashmir famous for apple?
- 4 What is famous for Kashmir?
- 5 What is the main food of Kashmir?
- 6 Who owns Kashmir today?
- 7 Which dry fruit grows in Jammu Kashmir?
- 8 Are dry fruits cheap in Kashmir?
- 9 What is the best apple in the world?
- 10 Where is apple grown in Kashmir?
- 11 Which part of Kashmir is most beautiful?
- 12 Is Kashmir more beautiful than Switzerland?
- 13 What is husband called in Kashmiri?
Which fruit is famous in Jammu and Kashmir?
The fruit crops grown in the state are apple, almonds, walnuts, pears, cherries and apricots in temperate areas and mango, citrus, litchi, papaya, guava etc. in subtropical areas. Saffron cultivation in Jammu and Kashmir is unique in the world.
What dry fruits is Kashmir famous for?
DRY FRUITS KASHMIR IS FAMOUS FOR:
- Kashmiri Almonds (Badam): Often referred to as ‘King of Dry Fruits’, Badam is grown here in early spring which brings with it eye-catching scenes in and around the orchards.
- Kashmiri Walnuts (Akhrot):
Is Kashmir famous for apple?
In 2019 alone, Kashmir produced over 19 lakh metric tonnes of apples – the highest in India. While apples are grown in other states like Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir dominates the Indian apple market.
What is famous for Kashmir?
Top Attractions in Kashmir
- Dal Lake. 4,159. Bodies of Water.
- Indira Gandhi Tulip Garden. 1,102. Gardens.
- Sonamarg. 1,145. Geologic Formations.
- Shankaracharya Hill. 2,070. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- Gulmarg Gondola. 3,115. Trams.
- Nubhra Valley. Deserts.
- Apharwat Peak. 608. Mountains.
- Amarnath Cave. 148.
What is the main food of Kashmir?
Kashmiri cuisine is the cuisine of the Kashmir Valley in the Indian subcontinent. Rice is the staple food of Kashmiris and has been so since ancient times. Meat, along with rice, is the most popular food item in Kashmir. Meat, along with rice, some vegetables and salad are prepared on special occasions like Eid only.
Who owns Kashmir today?
Current status and political divisions. India has control of about half the area of the former princely state of Jammu and Kashmir, which comprises Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh, while Pakistan controls a third of the region, divided into two provinces, Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan.
Which dry fruit grows in Jammu Kashmir?
Among dry fruits, walnut occupies maximum area and production followed by almond and peanut in both the UT’s (Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh).
Are dry fruits cheap in Kashmir?
300 to 350 per kg (good quality ). Almond will be Rs. 850 to 900 (small one gud quality), black berry cost you 450 to 400 rupee per kg. Buy dry fruits from Lal chowk area only.
What is the best apple in the world?
The Best Tasting Apples: 25+ Of The Most Delicious Apple Varieties Available
- Honeycrisp Apples.
- SweeTango Apples (Minneiska Variety)
- Pink Lady (Cripps Pink) Apples.
- Fuji Apples (The Sweetest!)
- Ambrosia Apples.
- Cox’s Orange Pippin Apple.
- Northern Spy Apples.
- Gala Apples.
Where is apple grown in Kashmir?
The apple production is predominantly confined to districts of Srinagar, Ganderbal, Budgam, Baramulla, Kupwara, Anantnag and Shopian in Kashmir province whereas districts of Udhampur, Doda, Poonch, Ramban and Reasi also report apple cultivation on smaller scale.
Which part of Kashmir is most beautiful?
1. Srinagar The capital of J&K, Srinagar is one of the most beautiful places in Kashmir. Take a shikara ride on the peaceful Dal Lake, view the city from the top of Shankaracharya Temple and stay in the iconic house boats on your next trip.
Is Kashmir more beautiful than Switzerland?
Kashmir ranks second to Switzerland in the most romantic destinations of the world. Kashmir which is called the paradise on earth has been ranked second to Switzerland in the world rankings of top romantic destination. Srinagar, May 14: Kashmir even after all the unrest within, has embraced heaven on earth ever since.
What is husband called in Kashmiri?
In kashmiri, Roon is exact word for it. ڈیکہ جیسے ڈیکہ بڈ۔