(English: Custard apple; Hindi: Sharifa or Sitaphal) of Annonaceae is a small tree that occurs wild and also cultivated for its edible fruit. Flowers are yellowish-green. Fruits are green, globose with well-marked areoles.
Custard apple,known as sharifa or sitaphal in hindi,is high in nutrients and delicious in taste. It is one of those very few seasonal fruits which are liked by many,from kids to elderly people. Most commonly consumed as smoothies,shakes or natural ice-creams,custard apples also exert numerous health benefits.
- 1 What is the benefit of Sharifa?
- 2 Is sitaphal good for health?
- 3 What is the English name for custard apple?
- 4 Which fruit is Sharifa?
- 5 Is custard apple good for kidney patients?
- 6 Is custard apple cold or heat?
- 7 When should we not eat custard apple?
- 8 Is Sugar Apple poisonous?
- 9 Can we drink water after eating custard apple?
- 10 Which fruits help in weight loss?
- 11 Does banana increase weight?
- 12 What is English name of Chiku?
- 13 Is pumpkin called Sitaphal?
What is the benefit of Sharifa?
This fruit is rich in dietary fiber and minerals that help the digestion and keeps bowel movement smooth. The vitamin A and other nutrients in Sharifa heal ulcers, boils, skin rashes, inflammation, gum pain and tooth decay. Sharifa helps maintain normal fluid and electrolyte balance in the body.
Is sitaphal good for health?
For starters, sitaphal can help in healing ulcers and prevent acidity. The fruit contains micronutrients that can help you have a smooth skin tone. It can improve both eye health and brain health, informs Rujuta. Iron content in sitaphal makes the fruit beneficial for improving haemoglobin.
What is the English name for custard apple?
common custard apple (Annona reticulata), also called sugar apple or bullock’s-heart in the West Indies, is dark brown in colour and marked with depressions giving it a quilted appearance; its pulp is reddish yellow, sweetish, and very soft (hence the common name).
Which fruit is Sharifa?
India is bestowed with exotic fruits; one of them being custard apple, also known as sitaphal or sharifa in Hindi. Custard apple has a unique taste, essential nutrients and various impressive health benefits. It is a tropical fruit native to Central America and scientifically known as Annona reticulata.
Is custard apple good for kidney patients?
The advantages of custard apple include rectifying cardiac, hepatic or kidney problems. It is used in fruit salads, sherbets, and also used in making jams, milkshakes or ice creams. Traditionally it has been recommended for use in people with cardiac, hepatic, kidney conditions or osteoporosis.
Is custard apple cold or heat?
Since custard apple is moisture-rich with hydrating capabilities and properties, it is an extremely cooling fruit. Ayurvedic texts, in fact, suggest that consuming custard apple can help bring down the body’s temperature, which means people with excess body heat can benefit from it.
When should we not eat custard apple?
1. People with diabetes should avoid sitaphal. Sitaphal is a fruit with glycemic index of 54. Rujuta safe that it is not only safe for diabetics but also recommended for them as foods that are of GI 55 and below are recommended for people with diabetes.
Is Sugar Apple poisonous?
Its fruit is known as the custard apple, sugar apple, or fruta do conde. Its seeds are poisonous, and have multiple, mainly traditional, uses. They contain high amounts of annonaceous acetogenins (ACGs), for which a phytochemical update is proposed.
Can we drink water after eating custard apple?
Dr. Aditi Sharma adds, “On general basis, you shouldn’t consume water after a meal or while eating a meal as it washes off all your digestive enzymes and lead to bad digestion. Ideal time to have water after these food items and after our meal is 30 to 40 minutes.”
Which fruits help in weight loss?
The 11 Best Fruits for Weight Loss
- Grapefruit. Share on Pinterest.
- Apples. Apples are low in calories and high in fiber, with 116 calories and 5.4 grams of fiber per large fruit (223 grams) ( 1 ).
- Berries. Berries are low-calorie nutrient powerhouses.
- Stone Fruits. Share on Pinterest.
- Passion Fruit.
Does banana increase weight?
Bananas are an excellent choice if you’re looking to gain weight. They’re not only nutritious but also a great source of carbs and calories.
What is English name of Chiku?
Manilkara zapota, commonly known as sapodilla ([ˌsapoˈðiʝa]), sapota, chikoo, chico, naseberry, or nispero is a long-lived, evergreen tree native to southern Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
Is pumpkin called Sitaphal?
About Sitaphal ki Subzi Recipe: Sitaphal or kaddu or simply pumpkin is a delicious lunch recipe that is easy and quick to cook. Small pumpkin pieces are mashed and cooked with chillies and spices.